The best canister vacuum for pet hair can help you clean out even the toughest bits of pet hair.
It’s not easy to clean up after all that hair that your pet might leave behind, especially if you have multiple pets.
But the best vacuum for pet hair can assist you in keeping your house clean.
Let’s look at a few of the best canister vacuums today.
Just in case you are in a hurry, click on our short summary below to view our Top 5 reviewed products for the best canister vacuum for pet hair:
- Eureka Mighty Mite Corded Canister Vacuum
- Bissell Powergroom Multicyclonic Bagless Canister Vacuum
- Ovente Electric Bagless Lightweight Canister Vacuum Cleaner with HEPA Filter
- No products found.
- Miele Grey Classic C1 Pure Suction Canister Vacuum Cleaner
Best Canister Vacuum for Pet Hair: 2022
1. Our Editor’s Top Choice: Eureka Mighty Mite Corded Canister Vacuum
The Eureka Mighty Mite 3670G suction vacuum features a powerful 12-amp suction motor that creates enough suction force to clean up even the toughest bits of pet hair.
It’s triple filtration bag setup ensures you’ll clear out all the pet hair and dander around your house, giving you a peace of mind and not having to worry about allergies for your family and pets.
This vacuum also comes with a dusting brush and a crevice tool for you to pick up the tiniest items.
These components make it easier for you to clean out some of the deepest spaces in your home, including between the couch cushions.
These include some spots that your pets might sleep around.
You can also use an extension wand when you need to reach your blinds and other places that pet hair might float around.
What We Like
- Easy to set up the blower port
- The fingertip controls on the handle make it easy to activate the setup
- The dust cup comes with 2.5 liters of space
- The floor brush is suitable for hard and soft surfaces alike
What We Don’t Like
- The rolling wheels don’t move well
- You have to replace the filter and bag often for it to work
- Dust cup capacity - 2.5 liters. Ideal for quick and efficient cleaning
- Convenient for home and auto
- Includes blower port
- Lightweight 10 amp canister vacuum safely and completely cleans bare-floor surfaces
- Power-touch handles with easy-to-use fingertip controls; Deluxe floor brush; Bare-floor nozzle
The next option for the best vacuum for pet hair is from Bissell, another great name in the cleaning industry.
The Powergroom uses a multicyclonic suction system that sucks in pet hair in seconds.
The added power cleans out pet hair and keeps you from having to go over a space more than once.
The brush head features a roller control that lets you transition from a hard floor to a soft carpet smoothly, allowing you to clean in more areas around your home.
A telescoping wand also helps you in reaching remote spots, including around your blinds and any high-up furniture your pet might reach.
The Easy Empty dirt cup system lets you open the canister to clear out items from inside the vacuum. You’ll need this feature to ensure you don’t spread any dust or pet hair around your house when emptying the vacuum.
What We Like
- Lightweight at about ten pounds
- The canister is easy to clear
- The dirt cup handles about two liters of content
What We Don’t Like
- The cleaning head might become clogged after a while
- The head is too thick to go under some furniture pieces
- Dirt cup capacity - 2 liters. Motorized brush roll for outstanding pickup of dirt, hair and other debris across carpets and scatter free cleaning on hard floors
- 15x Multi-cyclonic technology provides excellent suction and keeps your filters cleaner for longer
- Easy empty dirt tank designed for easy disposal of dirt and debris
- Fingertip controls provide convenient access to the brush roll on/off and variable suction to easily transition from carpet to hard floors
- For true versatility of cleaning a dusting brush, upholstery and crevice tool are Included to remove pet hair, dirt and other debris from hard to reach places
The HEPA filtration system on the inside of this Ovente canister vacuum will collect various airborne particles, including ones that you might find around pet hair.
It can collect particles as small as 0.3 micrometers in diameter, thus preventing pet dander from spreading around your home.
The cyclonic vacuum uses a powerful suction setup. The cyclonic design maintains its suction throughout your work, so you won’t miss anything.
The dirt bin that connects to the vacuum is easy to remove and empty.
You can press a button on the bottom part to clear pet hair out from the inside, thus simplifying the cleaning effort and keeping pet hair from escaping and flying around the home again.
What We Like
- The telescopic wand is easy to adjust
- The push-button feature lets you reel the cord in when you finish
- The floor brush includes a roller for soft spots
- Weighs about twelve pounds
What We Don’t Like
- The wand isn’t too long
- The canister can cause the components to spread fast if you’re not careful when opening
- Powerful & Bagless - This vacuum is equipped with 1200 watts that uses non-stop suction to deep clean surfaces in one pass. Its bagless design comes with a translucent dust compartment with LED light alert when the dust container and filters are full.
- Advanced Multi-level Filtration - Say goodbye to dirt! The high efficiency particulate air filtration system removes 99.9% of dust and debris such as hair, clothing fibers, bits of dead bugs, pollen, and etc. It can collect particles that are 300x smaller than a hair.
- Packed with Attachments - It comes with premium attachments for cleaning various surfaces: floor brush, combination crevice nozzle/bristle brush, and telescopic metal wand.
- Convenient - This vacuum comes with a step button to turn on/off, automatic cable rewinder, 360° hose swivel, and telescopic wand that will help you get to hard-to-reach areas.
- US-based Customer Service lets you buy with confidence. Ovente warranties that the product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and conditions, for 1 year from the original purchase date.
Oreck’s vacuum model is one of the best canister vacuum products for pet hair and hardwood floors alike.
The roller component on the Oreck Turbo Brush end collects items fast and without effort.
It can easily roll over big spaces and collects hair in moments.
The suction power works with five speeds for picking up items. You can switch between different speeds based on how thick the surface is and how much hair you’re trying to collect.
The body is also insulated to be quiet. The design doesn’t produce as much noise as other vacuums, thus keeping it from scaring your pets with loud noise.
What We Like
- Can remove the top layer of pet hair from a rug or other carpet space
- Easy to add and remove the bag on the inside
- The HEPA filter clears out all the pet hair without leaving anything behind
What We Don’t Like
- Slightly heavier at more than twenty pounds
- The pet hair can become tangled if you don’t clean often
No products found.
The Miele Grey Classic C1 vacuum features a suction control knob to help you when you need to clear out the most stubborn bits of pet hair.
The dial works with six settings, with different choices available for multiple vacuuming projects.
You can use one of many attachments on this vacuum, including an upholstery tool, a crevice tool, and a brush. These work for various surfaces, including for furniture.
The AirClean system on the inside works with a bag and exhaust filter component. The design helps you remove and replace the bag without causing lots of pet hair to spread all around when you finish.
What We Like
- Works for both low-pile carpet and hardwood floors
- The rubberized wheels prevent scratching when moving
- The electrical cord and wand provide a cleaning radius of nearly thirty feet
What We Don’t Like
- Produces lots of noise
- Takes a bit for some bits of pet hair to go through the suction tube at the end
- GERMAN ENGINEERED: Bagged canister vacuum cleaner ideal for homes with hard floors and low pile carpeting
- STRONG SUCTION POWER: Switch between 6 suction power settings specific to the surface being cleaned
- MAXIMUM MANEUVERABILITY: Vacuum easily around and underneath furniture, or use the clipped on accessories to clean upholstery or hard to reach places
- AIRCLEAN SYSTEM: Miele's unique 3-tiered filtration system consists of a genuine Miele FilterBag, Motor Protection Filter and AirClean Exhaust Filter. The room air is cleaner after vacuuming than before
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: SBD 365-3 Combination Floorhead, Dusting Brush, Crevice Tool and Upholstery Tool
Why choose the Canister Vacuum to remove pet hair?
A canister vacuum is perfect for how it can clear pet hair from your home.
A canister vacuum features a can-shaped body with some wheels on the bottom. The inside features a tank or bag that collects pet hair and other bits of debris.
Canister vacuum does well on hard floors and soft carpets and also uses a handle or brush feature to assist you in collecting all those items.
There are many positives to see in a canister vacuum:
- It provides a stronger suction rate on average
- It is light in weight
- You’ll have an easier time reaching more places
- You can use an upholstery brush, crevice nozzle, and other attachments with your vacuum
Important Factors to Consider When Choosing a Canister Vacuum for Pet Hair
Be sure to note these points when finding a canister vacuum for pet hair:
A) Lightweight and easy to carry
A vacuum that weighs about ten to fifteen pounds is ideal. It gives you more control without being tough to tote around your property.
B) Suction functionality
The vacuum should clear out pet hair without delay.
A suction feature where a motor inside the vacuum moves air fast and creates consistent suction is most ideal.
Some models may also come with multiple speeds and settings for more stubborn bits of pet hair.
C) Is there a bag?
Some vacuums use bags, while others do not.
You have to see what method you prefer to use when clearing out your pet hair.
D) What type of Attachments?
The attachments you use should be easy to handle.
You need items that can remove pet hair from inside your furniture, around your blinds, and under your tables and other features.
Whatever you use should provide a sense of flexibility.
You must also review how far you can bring the vacuum with you.
Some vacuums have long cleaning ranges based on their cords and attachments.
FAQS On Best Canister Vacuum For Pet Hair
1) Are pet vacuums worth it?
Pet vacuums offer different features that are suitable to your needs.
Pet hair around the house can land in your carpet, upholstery, bed, linens, and clothes so you must have an all-around cleaner that gives you efficiency in time when cleaning and convenience.
Thorough cleaning of your house is important especially if you or a family member,or even your cat buddy has an allergy.
2) Which vacuum is better canister or upright?
When choosing a vacuum, personal preference is what matters.
If you will use it on carpets and rugs, upright vacuum cleaners would be the best choice but if you are looking for an overall cleaner, canister vacuum is more silent, easy to use and more powerful.
Both types have prons and cons so choosing the right one should be based on important factors and the user’s taste.
3) Are HEPA filter vacuums worth it?
HEPA or High-Efficiency Particulate Air filter is used to capture smaller particles that were not filtered by your vacuum.
Because of its ability to purify the air, it eases and helps in providing protection to avoid allergic reactions to you or your sensitive cats.
HEPA filter traps bacteria, allergens, pathogens, dusts, and virus, it helps in making the environment healthy and allergy-free.
This will greatly help in homes where a family member or your pet has asthma.
4) Are stick vacuums as good as uprights?
An upright vacuum is the best option when you have a wall to wall home carpet, while stick vacuum is best for hard floors and little areas with carpets.
Also, stick vacuums are cheaper than upright.
Each type or brand carries different set of features so you can choose according to your preference and need.
Upright vacuums can quickly do heavy cleaning jobs but stick vacuums have a better appearance when it comes to dust containers.
Most often, just using a quality pet brush to remove pet hair in your house is not enough. Investing in a good canister vacuum will be a great help in maintaining a fur-free house. The honest reviews from the above recommendation will help you to find the best canister vacuum for pet hair.
We recommend the Eureka Mighty Mite Corded Canister Vacuum for how it does well in clearing out pet hair and in keeping dust from being a hassle