Looking for the best cat brush for long haired cats? Cats are known as self-groomers and also spend time licking their fur.
But most of the time, that causes tangles in their hair, especially if they have a long one.
You may need to buy a special brush or cat grooming tools for long hair and a thick coat for smoother and tangle-free fur.
Continue reading to find out more about our top recommendations on which best cat grooming tool is perfect for you.
Just in case you are in a hurry, click on our short summary below to view our Top 5 reviewed products for the best cat brush for long haired cats:
- Hertzko Self Cleaning Slicker Brush
- FURminator Long Hair Deshedding Tool for Cats
- BV Cat Brush & Pet Grooming Comb
- Hertzko Soft Pet Brush
- CeleMoon Ultra-Soft Silicone Washable Cat Grooming Brush
Best Cat Brush for Long Haired Cats: 2022 Top Picks
1. Our Editor’s Top Pick: Hertzko Self Cleaning Slicker Brush
If you’re looking for a brush that removes loose hair gently and gets rid of tangles and other trapped dirt in your cat’s fur, you should consider Hertzko’s self-cleaning slicker brush.
An advantage of this is that it’s user-friendly and can be cleaned easily.
Additionally, with a push of a button, the fine bristles of the brush will be revealed which allows you to smoothen your cat’s hair with a breeze and thoroughly reach the entire layer of hair including the undercoat
To clean the brush, you just need to simply click the button, next the bristles will retract back into the brush, making it super easy to remove all the hair.
What we like
- It’s easy to use and also easy to clean the brush
- It’s like a massage for your pets with its fine bent bristles. Not only providing a comfortable feel but also help in optimizing blood circulation.
- Comfortable to grip with its anti-slip handle.
What we didn’t like
- The button is not that durable if you use the brush often
- #1 Cat & Dog Brush - Voted best overall for 2022 by Spruce Pets; trusted by millions of pet owners
- Effective - Reduces shedding, detangles, removes dirt & debris, keeps coat looking shiny and healthy
- Versatile - Great for cats & dogs of all fur types
- Easy to Clean - Simply retract bristles with the push of a button, then wipe away collected fur
- Smart Design - Fine, angled bristles, ergonomic comfort grip, and push-button retraction make it easy to keep your pet looking happy & healthy
2. FURminator Long Hair Deshedding Tool for Cats
Furminator is a stainless steel deshedding tool that removes your cat’s loose hair safely and it easily reaches its undercoat.
This tool is designed for cats that are over 10 pounds. And can also handle hair that is longer than 2 inches.
With its built in FURejector button, you can release the accumulated loose hair with ease.
The handle designed ergonomically and it provides comfort and easy grip.
What we like
- Easy to clean with its built-in FURejector button
- Reduces shedding of hair up to 90%
- Doesn’t scratch and irritate your cat’s skin when brushing
What we didn’t like
- The teeth may start falling off when used for matted haired cats
- The stainless steel brush might be too sharp that thus, it can cut off your cat’s hair
- Stainless steel deShedding edge reaches through topcoat to safely and easily remove loose hair and undercoat
- FURejector button releases hair with ease
- Ergonomic handle for comfort and easy use
- Remove loose hair without damaging the coat or cutting the skin when used as directed
- deShedding tool for large (over 10 lbs) cats with long hair
3. BV Cat Brush & Pet Grooming Comb
BV dog and cat brush pet grooming comb is 2 sided bristle and pin comb which for long and short haired pets and it is for removing shedding and also detangling fur.
It’s suitable for all breeds and coat types.
The bristle side used to remove dirt, loose hair and tangles and then use the brush with the round tip pins to distribute oils for smoother and shinier hair.
The handle designed for easy grip and it also provides extra control and comfort.
What we like
- 2 brush bristles in 1 brush
- Good for all breeds and coat types
- Also, it is easy grip, durable and sturdy
What we didn’t like
- A little hard to clean
- Another, bristles break easily for thick-coated cats
- For all breeds and coat types. Your pet will be cleaner and shiny than ever before!
- The pin side helps to give your pet a great massage experience and remove loose hair; The bristle side helps to remove tangles, dirt, and loose hair, making the hair cleaner and shiner
- Ergonomic handle features grooved grip for extra comfort and control
- Ventilation Hole allows the pins to flex and contour to your dog's body; Great quality guarantee & one-year limited product warranty included
4. Hertzko Soft Pet Brush
This is also from the brand Hertzko but this brush has soft plastic bristles with rounded ends so it won’t scratch or irritate your pet’s skin.
Indeed, the brush does its work.
It removes tangles, loose hairs, dander, and also dirt in your cat’s hair.
Made with an anti-slip handle and with a comfort-grip to prevent wrist strain even if you’re brushing your pet’s hair for a long time.
What we like
- Made of soft plastic bristles. Therefore, It does not irritate or scratch the cat’s skin
- Ergonomically designed
- It massages the pet’s skin
What we didn’t like
- The bristles will bend if used for matted hair
- The rounded tips might fall off and without it, hence, the brush can scratch your pet
- Also, a little harder to clean
- Perfect pet brush to remove fur and loose hair - Hertzko's Soft Brush for dogs and cats gently removes loose hair and eliminates tangles, dander, and trapped dirt. Works great on dogs and cats of all sizes and hair types.
- Gentle and safe – Soft and gentle plastic bristles are manufactured with rounded ends so it won't damage or scratch your pet's sensitive skin, making it suitable for face and paw areas.
- Your pet will not only look good but feel great too - Our brush grooms and massages for a healthy coat, increasing blood circulation and leaving your pet's coat soft and shiny. Your pet will love being brushed.
- Comfortable, strong, and durable - Our Soft Brush is especially designed with a comfort-grip and anti-slip handle which prevent hand and wrist strain, no matter how long you brush your pet.
- You can’t go wrong with the Hertzko Soft Brush - We offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
5. CeleMoon Ultra-Soft Silicone Washable Cat Grooming Brush
Celemoon ultra soft cat brush is made from a high-quality soft silicone material.
Its softness guarantees that the cat’s undercoat and loose hair can be in fact removed without hurting.
It’s easy to grip and made with elastic and robust silicone, which ensures a longer life than other traditional brushes.
In addition, it removes up to 90% of shedding hair within minutes.
Unlike other brushes, you can quickly rinse the Celemoon cat brush, which is also ready to use again.
What we like
- It is great for different cat breeds
- Does not hurt or harm your pet because the bristles made from silicone
- Additionally, the handgrip perfectly fits your hands and fingers. It’s non-slip, which avoids slipping when using.
What we didn’t like
- It’s a bit small and does not cover a large area
- It also does not hold onto the loose hair
- ★ NO SCRATCHING & ENJOYABLE ★ With premium silicone material, the Celemoon cat grooming brush is ultra-soft, safe, comfortable and durable. It will never scratch your pet's skin and they will love how it feels and enjoy grooming!
- ★ EFFICIENT SHEDDING ★ Remove up to 90% of shedding hair from your cat within minutes. Simply comb gently over your cats coat, within seconds you will have a fistful of fur. And after 5 minutes you will be amazed at just how much loose hair has been removed.
- ★ WASHABLE & EASY CLEANING ★ Not like other brush, you could even rinse it thoroughly with water to remove all the hair from the brush simply when you're done brushing your cat. And then it will get ready for the next time use.
- ★ NONE-SLIP HAND GRIP ★ The hand grip would perfectly fit into your hands and fingers and avoids slipping when using. This compact cat brush is very comfortable to hold and use!
- ★ BUYERS GUIDELINES BEFORE BUYING ★ Adding some water on the surface of the brush could help attract more hair.
Why Having A Cat Brush Is Important
According to Pets WebMD, cats are finicky and clean themselves several times a day.
However, no matter how well your cat can clean themselves, they still need help from you in keeping their fur silky smooth.
Regular brushing will keep your pet’s hair in good condition since it removes dirt, spreads natural oils throughout her coat, prevents tangles, and keeps her skin clean and free from irritation.
That’s why you indeed need to find the best cat brush for long haired cats.
Factors To Consider When Buying The Best Cat Brush For Long Hair cats
When choosing for the best cat brush for long haired cats, take into consideration the following points as your guide
A) Brush that is safe for your cat.
Quality and performance is your top priority when buying the best cat brush for long haired cats.
But you also need to consider if it is safe for your feline.
Make sure to use a cat grooming brush for long hair that doesn’t hurt or irritate them when you use it.
If you are going to use a brush with bristles, make sure the bristles are protected with round tip pins that won’t fall off easily to avoid scratching your cat when using.
B) Easy to clean and durable.
It is recommended to brush your long haired cats at least once a day.
Having a cat brush that is easy to clean will definitely make daily brushing a breeze and it’ll make your life easier.
The brush should also be durable enough to withstand brushing your long haired cat.
C) Made of Good Quality.
When choosing a brush, choose one that easily removes loose hair from your cat to minimize fur ball.
It should be designed for easy and comfortable holding even when you use it for an extended period.
The brush should be made of high-quality materials that can withstand the removal of tangles, knots.
And it also should go through the thick undercoat of your cat on a daily basis.
FAQs on best cat brush for long haired cats
1) How do you groom a long haired cat at home?
If you have long-haired cats, they shed all year round unlike the wild likes that only shed every spring.
Grooming your cat should be done every few days to ensure she’ll get a heathy, shiny fur coat less the tangles!
Removing the dirt and dead hairs is achievable by using a brush.
When you brush, start in her abdomen and legs with gentle upward strokes, then to her neck and chin.
Lastly, down the middle of her tail, brushing the fur on each side.
If you happen to see and feel mats that cannot be removed, schedule your cat for a grooming session with your vet.”
2) How often should you brush a long haired cat?
Daily brushing or at least twice a week brushing is good for your indoor long-hair cat.
Even if cats have their natural way of grooming themselves, brushing them as often as needed can give them numerous health benefits.
Brushing daily is effective to prevent hairballs and fur matts formation.
It removes dead skin and loose hair and other mess that can cause stress to your cat.
Brushing and grooming maintains a healthy and shiny fur coat.
3) How do you get rid of mats on a cat?
When the fur becomes too tangled and hardly-knotted, it is hard to remove even with the use of a brush.
This is a condition called matted fur.
This happens when you do not groom your cat regularly or when the fur is oily and exposed to dirt.
The knots become tighter as the hair grows so you will need a mat breaker if the brush wont work anymore.
To avoid having matted fur, regular brushing is needed for your long-hair cat.
4) Can I put olive oil on my cat’s fur?
Yes! Olive oil has numerous benefits for cats.
It can remove and treat dry, itchy and flaky skin.
If your cats have allergies, olive oil can help treat inflamed and irritated skin.
A little bit of olive oil can make your cat’s fur shiny, healthy, and mat-free.
You can use little drops of it to massage your cat after bath or as a last skin treat before your final rinse during bath.
In conclusion, when looking for the best cat brush for long haired cats, we recommend Hertzko Self Cleaning Slicker Brush.
It removes loose hair and eliminates tangles, knots, dander, and also trapped dirt with just a click of a button.
In addition, if it’s beyond your budget or you prefer a more comfortable brush to hold, your next option is the Celemoon ultra-soft cat brush.
The only downside to that is it does not hold on to the loose hairs.
You can use this guide to help you choose which specifically best cat brush for long haired cats to buy on Amazon.
Furthermore, You can check out each item for a better grasp of the products.
Grooming is essential to our cat. If you have a cat that has a short hair one, we also have 5 top recommended Best Brush For Short Hair Cat