Best bark collar for Chihuahua humanely curbs your Chihuahua’s incessant barking.
Dogs bark since that is the only way they can communicate. However, excess barking can be very unnerving for you, especially if you want some well-deserved rest.
A humane anti-bark collar gently teaches your Chihuahua to not bark unnecessarily. It comes with different levels so you can choose one according to your pet’s barking intensity.
When used judiciously, you can utilize anti-bark collars to tone down unwanted and excess barking in your Chi and can also train your pet to behave properly on its walks.
We have 5 humane, no-shock bark collar for you that won’t hurt your little Chihuahua and will help you stop unnecessary barking.
Just in case you are in a hurry, click on our short summary below to view our Top reviewed products for the best bark collar for Chihuahua:
- Our Editor’s Pick: MASBRILL No Shock Humane Bark Collar for Small Dogs
- Best Budget: Pumila Small Dog Bark Collar with Beep and Vibrate
- Best Bark Collar for Chihuahua with Remote: GOODBOY Mini No Shock Training Collar
- Best Phone Controlled Bark Collar for Chihuahua: Petoffers B1Pro Anti Barking Device
- Best Set of 2 Bark Collar for Chihuahua: PawPets Anti Bark No Shock Training Dog Collar - Humane with Vibration
Best Bark Collar for Chihuahua – 2022 Top 5 Picks
1. Our Editor’s Pick: MASBRILL No Shock Humane Bark Collar for Small Dogs
MASBRILL anti bark collar is perfect for small dogs and can easily fit neck size of 5.9 to 18 inches or dogs weighing between 5 lbs. and 55 lbs.
We love this collar for the following reasons:
First of all, MASBRILL collar’s chip underwent many upgrades in 2022. Thus, it now comes with 7 sensitivity levels that you can customize to the level of vibration and beeping that deters your Chi’s barking.
Secondly, it has no shock or other inhumane ways of stunning your pet when it barks.
Thirdly, it comes with a long battery life that prevents the hassles of charging it over and over.
Fourthly, to further enhance your pet’s safety, it comes with a ‘sleep’ mode. This means that it stops automatically in case your pet barks for over 7 times in a minute.
Last but not the least, this adjustable collar is made with heavy-duty nylon, is waterproof, and also resistant to rough usage. This makes it long-lasting and reliable.
What we like about it
- Smallest and lightest bark collar on most retail sites.
- Has smart bark detection – does not activate due to sounds other than your pet’s barking
- Suitable for all breeds
- Easy to use
What we don’t like
- Expensive to replace batteries.
- Bark Collar for Small Dogs 5-15lbs : This bark collar with 2 training modes (beep & vibration ) and 7 adjustable sensitivity.The strap of bark collar is adjustable to fit small /medium dogs.
- Smart Triggers:The small dog bark collar works in automatic mode,no remote.It will activates only when your dog barking ,other nearby dogs other sounds can not activate the collar.
- Humane & Safe Dog Bark Collar:This bark collar no shock,humane safe vibration and beep training modes are effective to stop your dogs barking.And it can protect and training your dog better.
- Super Battery Life---No need to charge frequently, just replace the battery. It can be used for more than 2 weeks at a time.
- After-sales Service---If you have any questions, please contact us in time, we will be happy to handle it for you. (Note: In order to avoid rejection by the dog, before you start using the anti-barking collar, it’s better to wear it for your dog first without putting the battery for a day.)
2. Best Budget: Pumila Small Dog Bark Collar with Beep and Vibrate
If you are on a budget, then Pumila small dog bark collar is one of the most economical buys that will give you the value for your money.
It is also one of the smallest and lightest collars measuring just 2” x 1.4” making it ideal for dogs weighing 6 lb. and over.
Besides this, it has a feature of adjustability between 22 and 55 cm making it suitable for neck sizes between 5 and 19 inches.
Pumila collar’s lightweight feature makes it suitable for use at night as well.
Moreover, it comes with 7 sensitivity levels which you can adjust – and they are all humane and ‘shock-free’.
Its long-lasting battery prevents the hassles of battery replacement.
Furthermore, you can easily walk your pet in the rain or mud while wearing this collar – it is sturdy, durable, water-resistant, and long-lasting.
What we like about it
- Ideal lightweight, small bark collar with adjustable length.
- Easy to use
- Comes with many free gifts (extra batteries, etc.)
What we don’t like
- Replacement batteries are hard to find.
- ➤Humane & Safe---Our stop dog barking is your best gift for your dogs,we know the dogs are our best friend but it barking is an issue .Come here, 7 Levels safe sound and vibration function,Humane no shock bark collars helps your dog understand that barking not desirable when it’s vibrating and beeping. You can correct your dog's behavior with the best no bark control collar.
- ➤Smallest Size & Light Weight---This dog training collar is smaller and more light than others,the size is 2in x 1.4in, Mini No Shock Collar fits dogs as small as 6+ pounds.Your dogs more comfortable when wear it.
- ➤Universal & Adjustable---The size of dog bark collar is adjustable, you can change the size of it according your dog’s size,no need to worry about the unfit for your dog.High quality Black polyester webbing with 2 reflective strip collar with adjusting 25~55cm and fits any dog's neck from 5 to 19 inches.
- ➤Suitable for Dogs Size---Effiective on dogs weighing to 6+lbs,best for small dog ,such as Chihuahua,Pomeranian,Dachshund,Bichon Frisé and so on. You can according your dog necksize to adjust the suitable length.will not be a burden to your dog.
- ➤Nice Service---Order our no bark collar with 30-day money back! If you have any questions about using or others issue ,please contact us any time ,we will reply you within 12 hours ,BUY IT NOW!
3. Best Bark Collar for Chihuahua with Remote: GOODBOY Mini No Shock Training Collar
GOODBOY Mini No-Shock training collar is made for dogs weighing between 5 and 15 lbs. It comes with protective covers at contact points as well as soft, velvety texture that makes it extremely safe and comfortable for your delicate pet.
This remote-controlled collar is sleek, modern, and super-simple to use. There are absolutely no complicated settings or buttons and you can easily program it the way you want.
Furthermore, the remote comes with a large and clear display that helps you see the modes you have selected for training.
Compared to other collars, GOODBOY comes with 9 levels of vibrations and one level with beeping sound so you can easily choose the one that works for your tiny barker.
The best part about GOODBOY remote controlled collar is that it works at a range of 1000 feet and you can easily add in another collar to train two pets at a time!
What we like about it
- Compact, ideal for small-sized dogs with complete safety
- Easy to use with clear display
- Range of 1000 feet
- 9 vibrations and sound levels
- Long-battery life – needs charge once or twice a month depending on use.
- Comes with a training guide
What we don’t like
- Only works with remote and no automatic function is included.
- Small and Safe - This collar is as lightweight and safe as possible for small dogs while maintaining all the necessary functionality. Even 5 lb pets can wear this collar comfortably without feeling weighed down. Due to its small size and the removal of the shock feature, we can not guarantee that this collar is 100% effective on very stubborn dogs over 15 lbs.
- Simple and Beautiful Design - The sleek and modern remote for this collar has a velvety matte finish that feels incredible to the touch. The simple design is straight-forward with no excessive buttons or settings. A large display with clear symbols makes it easy to see the selected mode and switch between training modes and correction strength as needed.
- All the Training Modes and Features You Need - This collar comes with one intensity level for sound and nine levels for vibration mode. The remote works up to a range of 1000 feet, making it perfect for outdoor or indoor activities, and can control up to two collars (extra collar sold separately). Connecting a second collar to the remote is easy with the press of just one button.
- Long-Lasting Battery Life - This collar uses the latest lithium battery technology, providing battery life that lasts for at least a week. Just with a single charge, the battery can provide up to 16 hours worth of continuous corrections (each correction is 8 seconds or less each for your pet's safety). The collar also has a battery-saving standby mode that is activated after 5 minutes of inactivity.
- A Detailed Training Guide - Our collar comes with a step-by-step training guide explaining how to use the GoodBoy remote collar in a safe and efficient manner. This booklet teaches 15 important commands, offers insight in understanding your dog’s body language, and teaches the best ways to deal with stubborn dogs. To make sure you get the best results, the training guide also includes tips for ensuring that the training sticks.
4. Best Phone Controlled Bark Collar for Chihuahua: Petoffers B1Pro Anti Barking Device
Are your neighbors complaining about your Chi’s barking? Well, not anymore!
PetOffers B1 Pro Bark collar lets you easily control this annoying behavior.
The best part is that you can control the intensity of ‘correction’ based on your pet’s barking easily with their SmartPhone App. This app helps you select from strong, medium, or weak beeps/vibrations.
You can also connect the application through Bluetooth technology to multiple devices. This lets you use the collar as a training device that can work within a range of 10-15 meters.
There is also a feature that lets you set the collar on a ‘freedom’ or sleep mode – that way, your Chi can enjoy freely while playing with other dogs or sleeping or eating. Once this duration is up, the collar reactivates.
There are no prongs that shock or hurt your baby making the Pro Bark very safe for your small Chihuahua.
What we like about it
- Humane, no shock, only beeps and vibrations
- Great for all dog breeds
- Application controlled with range of 10-15 meters
- Fast charge feature
- Waterproof – IPX7 rating
What we don’t like
- Setting voice commands is frustrating at times.
- 【2 Training Modes & Smart APP Setting】Provide 2 safe and humanized training modes, vibration (strong, medium, weak) and sound (1-5 levels). The combination and intensity of each bark can be free set at APP, allow you to customize a scientific and effective correction plan for your dog. The sensitivity is adjustable at 60-160. When the bark reaches the sensitivity you set, the collar will automatically trigger to remind the dog The dog stopped barking.
- 【Unique Barking Record & Temporary Dormancy】With the bark recording function, you can know about your dog's barking time and frequency so that master your dog's situation and adjust the training plan in time to help you better train your dog. Humanized Temporary dormancy function, When the dog is resting or eating, you can set the sleep duration (7 levels available) to let your dog enjoy full freedom. When the time up, the collar will automatically restart.
- 【Custom Sound & Controlled by Phones & Watches】If you don't like the 8 system warning sounds that come with the system. You can customize the 5s voice audio to train your dog. Compared to boring beeps, hearing the master’s voice will make training more effective. Within 50ft, use the phone & watch to control the collar, which can be used as a dog training collar, to help with correct other bad behaviors of the dog. Search DR.TRAINER on Apple Store & Google and install it on your Phone or Watch.
- 【For Above 6lbs Dogs & NO Shock No Prong】Adjustable collar, suitable for all breeds dogs from 8 to 130 pounds (Neck Size 7-22inch). Humanized no shock and no prong design, especially friendly to small dogs, you won't concerned about the subject of your dog to shocks and make sure safe for your dogs. The collar has an adjustable sensitivity setting to help reduce false triggers due to surrounding sounds or noise.
- 【Waterproof & 40min Fast Charge & After-sales Guarantee】It's also got an IPX7 waterproof rating, making it an excellent choice for dogs who might take an unplanned swim. Fast full charge in 40 minutes, the battery lasts 14 days, standby for 6 months, which gets rid of the trouble of frequent charging. If any questions, you can contact us for a refund or replacement through the order number.
5. Best Set of 2 Bark Collar for Chihuahua: PawPets Anti Bark No Shock Training Dog Collar - Humane with Vibration
Do you have two Chihuahuas? Then you certainly need two collars for training or preventing excess barking.
PawPets meets this need easily- both collars fit dogs weighing 5 lbs. and over or neck sizes between 9-22 inches.
And if you are a pawrent that does not want to shock their pet, this pair of collars just comes with beeps and vibrations. Plus, you get to control the intensity levels.
Moreover, there is no remote control and both collars work automatically.
What we like about it
- Ideal for small dogs
- 2 modes of operation – beeps and vibrations only
- Smart detection auto-off feature
- Triggers only when your pet barks.
- Easy to use
- Long-lasting battery
What we don’t like
- Time delay in action and correction.
- Adjustable for small, medium and large dogs - no shock bark e-collar has 100% water-resistant strap weighing 5 to 110 lbs with neck size of 9 to 22 inches. High-quality material and technology can use frequently and last for long-time without troubles.
- Free from remote, automatically stop barking - You don’t have to waste your time anymore with this automatic bark mute collar. It helps your dog learn how to stop barking without your participation.
- Humane bark collar with 2 modes - provides effective performance with sound (beeps) and 7 safe vibration modes. It helps your dog understand that barking is not desirable. You can correct your dog's behavior with this training barking collar.
- Humanely training way - We provide humane and no shock way of preventing barking, lovely way without harm! Bark collar for dogs is accurately triggered. You can walk in noisy places and not worry at all that the device will be triggered too late or randomly.
- Satisfaction – In addition to the 2 pack automatic stop barking collars we have added 2 batteries, 2 kinds of prongs and 2 color faceplates. It works right for your dog and you are able to customize the shockless no bark collar.
Types of Humane Bark Collars for Chihuahua
When we consider anti-bark collars for a Chihuahua, we will only consider humane and no-shock collars.
This is a small and delicate dog breed and we certainly do not want to use harsh methods of training.
Many pet parents and dog lovers find shock collars extremely inhumane and we agree with them.
That is why, we have only selected no-shock, humane collars.
Here are different types of safe, pet-friendly bark collars for Chihuahuas:
1. Remote or Phone Controlled Collars
Remote controlled collars are collars used specifically for training dogs.
The remote range can work up to 1000 feet or more. This helps you use it outdoors while training/calling your pet.
Some top-rated collars even come with remotes that can control two collars at a time. Simply add the second collar with a press of a button and you can control two of your Chihuahuas with ease.
You can also choose Phone-controlled collars which work through a mobile application. Using your mobile, you can adjust the levels of vibrations and beeps, and even turn the collar on or off.
2. Automatic Control/Vibration Sensing Ultrasonic Collars
Unlike remote controlled collars, throat vibration collars automatically sense your dog’s barking based on the vibrations its throat produces while barking.
This instantly triggers the collar to produce a short ultrasonic warning signal.
Most top-rated collars of this kind come with adjustable sensitivity levels so you can choose the intensity of beeps and ultrasonic sounds produced depending on your pet’s barking intensity.
Also Read: Best Harness for Chihuahua
3. Spray Collars
There are some other anti-bark collars that come with a spray mechanism. When your Chi barks, the collar triggers a mechanism to send out a fine mist of citronella spray.
Worry not, this is very safe and won’t hurt or sting your pet’s eyes.
We recommend the PetSafe Little Dog Spray Collar for Small Dogs
How to Select the Best Bark Collar for Chihuahua
There are literally thousands of products labeled as anti-bark collars for your small pet.
Naturally, things could get confusing for you when it comes to selecting one.
That is why, we are presenting some variables and features to consider when you select an anti-bark collar for your Chi’s excess barking.
The first thing to consider is your dog’s neck circumference and size of the collar.
Most manufacturers label their products based on dog body weight and some even mention the circumference of the neck that the collar is suitable for.
Look for collars conforming to dogs weighing between 5 to 10 lb.
Alternatively, look for sizes/neck circumference ranging between 5 to 18 inches with adjustable straps in case your pet’s neck measures outside this range.
B. Type of anti-bark mechanism
This is also an important consideration.
We are sure you will only go in for humane collars without shocking or other harsh corrective measures.
Accordingly, you can select a collar with one of the mechanisms mentioned above: auto vibration-detection, remote controlled, or spray based.
You can also select the type of collar based on your budget. In general, remote controlled collars happen to be slightly more expensive than the automatic bark collars.
C. Adjustable levels
It is indeed worthwhile looking for collars that you can adjust sensitivity levels of.
Most top-rated collars above come with some adjustable feature. This way, you can choose the level of beeping or vibration based on the intensity of your Chihuahua’s barking.
Some collars also automatically increase their progression of beeps depending upon your pet’s barking.
D. Water-proof and mud-resistant
Whether your Chi is out in the rain, mid, or snow, the bark collar should be able to resist these elements with ease.
Look for collars that come with an IPX rating or state they are water-resistant. This means that the collar can easily get wet or splashed with water without affecting its mechanism.
E. Smart detection – instant trigger while preventing ‘false’ triggers
A good anti bark collar will instantly trigger when your dog barks. It should immediately beep or vibrate so your pet relates that beeping/vibrations to its barking.
Also, the collar should not pick up ambient noises or barking of other dogs to trigger the beeps.
This would only ‘admonish’ your poor Chi for no fault of his/hers.
Look for high-quality collars that only pick up your pet’s barks quickly and nothing else.
In this regard, the remote controlled collars are at an advantage, since the control lies in your hands and you can choose to trigger it when you actually hear your Chihuahua barking without reason.
F. Easy to recharge
Look for collars with long battery life that you can easily charge after every 7-14 days,
The battery should last long (at least 2 weeks) and charge fully within an hour or two. It should come with USB charger which you can use anywhere with ease.
G. Has a Sleep mode
Top bark collar automatically deactivate or go to sleep-mode when it gets triggered continuously for 10 times in one minute or more.
This mode enhances your pet’s safety.
Always look at the collar’s durability before selecting. The material should be high-quality nylon which can withstand sharp nails and teeth.
The collar should be able to withstand snow, rain, water, and other wear and tear.
Also Read: Best Collar for Chihuahua
Benefits of Best Bark Collar for Chihuahua
1. Humane way of controlling excess barking
A no-shock, anti-bark collar is the best way to control excess and unwanted barking.
Not all kinds of barking is bad. However, some pets bark unnecessarily when they are bored, or when they want to call out to dogs in the neighborhood, or simply at the mailman.
To control these unnecessary and annoying barking which can disturb your peace as well as your neighbors’, an anti-bark collar is a must.
2. Helps train your pet
Anti-bark collars gently teach your Chihuahua what is and isn’t acceptable. They safely, effectively, and comfortably decreased loud barking.
Moreover, they also help you train your Chihuahua to not whine, growl, or howl needlessly.
3. Helps develop self-control in your Chi
Your Chihuahua will soon learn immense self-control and know which situations warrant barking and ones that don’t. For example, you can use the collar to prevent your Chi from barking at kids and dogs while it goes on its walks.
You can also use the collar at home during the afternoon and night when you and your neighbors need their well-deserved rest and quiet.
Have a new baby in the house? Your dog’s barking disturbing it? Then an anti-bark collar can help.
This increases your pet’s likability and he/she will soon become a well-loved and respected pet in your household as well as your neighborhood.
4. Prevents misbehaviors
If your dog eats poop on its walks, unnecessarily barks at other pets or people, or simply does not listen to your ‘drop it/stop’ commands, then a bark collar is just what you need to deter them.
5. Great for calling dogs hard of hearing
On older dogs or dogs with hearing problems, a bark collar is perfect to get attention. You can train them to come to you without having to use other ways of getting their attention.
FAQs on the Best Bark Collar for Chihuahua
A. Are bark collars safe for small dogs?
Yes. As long as you do not use inhumane shock collars, there is no reason why bark collars aren’t safe.
Shocking a tiny dog like Chihuahuas is never a safe thing and could result in injury or trauma to your pet.
B. How else can your prevent your Chi’s incessant barking?
Ignore your pet’s incessant barking.
You can also place your Chihuahua in its crate. When s/he stops barking, praise and reward it so you reinforce positive behavior.
A lot of unnecessary barking stems from boredom. Always keep your pet well exercised. This will help them expend that extra energy and tire them out.
C. For how long are domesticated dogs allowed to bark legally?
According to a law passed in 2010, pet dogs may bark for about 20 minutes before neighbors can file a complaint.
However, at night, dogs are not allowed to bark for more than 5 minutes before neighbors can lodge a complaint.
D. Why do Chihuahuas bark so much?
Chihuahuas are, by nature, slightly anxious and high-strung dogs. They are also fiercely loyal and territorial which can make them incessant barkers.
Often, their excess barking could also stem from boredom or because their needs aren’t met.
If your pet is well-fed and exercised, then there could be some health issue causing the excess barking.
Please see your vet if your pet whines, howls, or barks incessantly.
The best bark collar for Chihuahua fits their small necks snugly and humanely and painlessly curbs excess and unwanted barking.
We recommend the MASBRILL Upgraded anti bark collar which has many safety features and is specially made for small dogs like Chihuahuas.
Do check out our other recommendations as well.