Luxating patella dog supplements can boost your pet’s joint health.
Many vets recommend these supplements to prevent luxating patella in dog breeds that are prone to the condition.
They can also be used for your pet that has been diagnosed with joint issues to improve its quality of life, range of motion, and prevent its daily pain and suffering.
We have hand-picked 5 amazing Luxating patella dog supplements which have delayed, prevented, and also halted the progression of painful luxating patella in dogs.
All these supplements for luxating patella in dogs contain glucosamine, chondroitin, and MSM, along with a host of vitamins and minerals that benefit dogs having this painful condition.
Just in case you are in a hurry, click on our short summary below to view our Top 5 reviewed products for the best Luxating patella dog supplements:
- Doggies Dailies Glucosamine Supplement
- Zesty Paws Soft Chews with Glucosamine for Dogs
- All Natural Hip & Joint Supplement for Dogs
- Extend Joint Care Glucosamine and MSM
- Coco & Luna All Natural Hip & Joint Support Pain Relief MSM Supplement
Best Luxating Patella Dog Supplements – 2022 Top 5 Picks
In this section, we will give a review of the best joint supplements for dogs with luxating patella to help you decide the brand you’ll give for your dog’s joint care.
1. Our Editor’s Pick: Doggies Dailies Glucosamine Supplement
Doggie Dailies Luxating patella dog supplements contain glucosamine, chondroitin, and MSM – the holy trinity of joint care for dogs.
In fact, every chew has 6 active ingredients which is why they are so effective – as vouched for by thousands of pet parents.
The formula in these chews is carefully formulated to lubricate joint/connective tissue and cartilage to prevent aches and pains and also provide optimum mobility to suffering dogs.
Doggie Dailies is a daily supplement for all dog breeds and sizes. This is guaranteed safe for medium or small breed dogs like French bulldog and Cavalier King Charles spaniel.
You can safely give it to your pet once a day for preventing dog’s joint problem and other related issues.
Dog owners claim it as the best joint supplement for luxating patella because it is potent and a helpful cure so your dogs can avoid surgery.
It promotes healthy hips, joints, and ligaments and eases joint discomfort.
Most pets love these peanut butter flavored soft chews which are known to alleviate daily pain and discomfort that arises due to luxating patella and other joint conditions in dogs.
The supplements also contain healthy Omegas, fish oil, cod liver oil, and hyaluronic acid which nourish your pet’s coat and skin while also boosting your pet’s joint health.
What we like about it
- Not only preventive it also helps with daily pain and discomfort associated with dog’s patella and joint disease
- Great flavor
- Suitable for all sizes and breeds
What we don’t like
- Too soft – some pills disintegrate in the bottle.
- Caused diarrhea in a small percentage of dogs.
- EASY TO GIVE PEANUT BUTTER FLAVOR SOFT CHEWS – Irresistible hip and joint supplement for dogs. Easy to administer and contains essential ingredients to promote healthy hips, joints, and bones
- PROMOTES HEALTHY JOINTS, COMFORT & MOBILITY – Each soft chew contains a powerful blend of Glucosamine, MSM, Chondroitin, Yucca Schidigera, Salmon Oil, Cod Liver Oil, CoQ10, and Hyaluronic Acid to support healthy hips and joints
- HELPS KEEP YOUR DOG ACTIVE – Our glucosamine chondroitin for dogs is made by cold-press extrusion to preserve the integrity of ingredients. This maximizes potency for your pup
- GREAT FOR DOGS OF ALL SIZES & BREEDS – Our dog joint supplement is ideal for dogs of all breeds and sizes. From needing a little extra pep in their step to extremely active pups, a daily dose is sure to support healthy joints, mobility, and flexibility
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE – Our U.S. facility is GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) compliant and Level 3 SQF (Strict Quality and Safety) certified; Every batch of Doggie Dailies is tested by an independent lab. Carries the National Animal Supplement Council Seal of Quality
2. Zesty Paws Soft Chews with Glucosamine for Dogs
Zesty Paws Luxating patella dog supplements with MSM, chondroitin, and glucosamine promote optimum mobility and pain reduction in dogs suffering from joint issues.
Each chew contains an optimal level of MSM (their patented OptiMSM®) needed to maintain joint lubrication.
Many dog parents noticed improved flexibility in their pets with this daily supplement.
These supplements do the following four things for your pet: they cushion and protect, increase mobility, aid the range of motion, and reduce pain and discomfort.
Your pet also gets vitamins C and E which improve joint function and support connective tissue formation.
What we like about it
- Patented OptiMSM® – an improved form of MSM not found in other joint supplements.
- Prevents pain and discomfort
- Improves energy level and aids with range of motion
- Cushions the hips and joints
What we don’t like
- Some parents had to work hard to get their dogs to eat it.
- Premium Hip & Joint Support – Mobility Bites are pawsome chewables with ingredients (including a Glucosamine Chondroitin combo) that support joint health for small, medium, and large breed dogs.
- Featuring OptiMSM – At 400 mg per chew, OptiMSM is a premium form of MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) that undergoes a purifying distillation process to help your dog flex their muscles.
- Flexibility of Glucosamine Hydrochloride – These functional doggie supplements have Glucosamine HCl to help maintain the health and lubrication, plus resiliency of joints and connective tissue.
- Includes Chondroitin Sulfate – This compound supports normal healthy cartilage, connective tissue, and joint function to relieve your mind by helping care for your adult and senior canine pets.
- Treat Your Pup to Extra Pawsome Ingredients – The strength of this chewable functional formula is the Vitamin C and Vitamin E to support normal joint function and connective tissue formation.
3. All Natural Hip & Joint Supplement for Dogs
Being all-natural with human-grade ingredients, these Luxating patella dog supplements won’t cause any side effects. And that is why they are so well loved by pet parents (and pets!).
Within 2 weeks of taking these supplements, pets were bouncing back from their beds and willing to go on longer walks!
It has helped thousands of pets with hip and elbow dysplasia, luxating patella, and other joint issues improve their quality of life.
You will also love the fact that All-Natural hip & joint supplements contain turmeric, MSM, glucosamine, and chondroitin.
All these are proven ingredients that enhance mobility, restore range of motion, reduce inflammation, and lubricate your pet’s joints.
You will definitely notice a more active pet after taking these all-natural chewable treats for a couple of weeks.
What we like about it
- Revitalized dog’s energy levels, improved quality of life, reduced inflammation
- Human-grade ingredients, no side-effects
- Powerful formula suitable for all breeds and sizes
- Made in USA with ethical scrutiny
What we don’t like
- Some pets found these treats hard to chew.
- HUMAN GRADE INGREDIENTS WITH NO DANGEROUS SIDE-EFFECTS: Top Rated Natural Joint Supplement for Dogs Contains Organic Turmeric, Glucosamine, Chondroitin, and MSM in a Chewable Beef Liver Flavored Treat that Your Dog Will Love so Much, Giving it to Them Will be a Breeze!
- REVITALIZE YOUR DOG'S JOINTS & CARTILAGE: Glucosamine for Dogs with Chondroitin is Used to Support and Repair Joints and Cartilage and to Help Retain Flexibility. MSM is Used to Soothe Inflammation and Provide Relief from Arthritis. Considered by Vets and Dog Owners to be the Best Dog Joint Supplement Around!
- VET APPROVED & BACKED BY SCIENCE: Organic Turmeric is Proven to be The Most Powerful Natural Anti-inflammatory For Dogs Helps Alleviate Dog Arthritis - Improves Heart Health Holistic Liver Detoxifier Helps Relieve Allergies - Kills Parasites - Treats Stomach Ailments Aids in Metabolism and Weight Management
- LIFETIME MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE: Comes with 100% Lifetime Money-Back Guarantee. If you're not happy with the results of our product send us a message and we will refund your full payment hassle-free!
- POWERFUL FORMULA HELPS: Large Dogs, Small Dogs, Active Dogs, Hip Dysplasia and Most Joint Problems. FREE "10 Natural Detoxes for Your Dog" E-book with every order! Setting the Standard in Dog Vitamins. Made Locally Right Here in the USA in a GMP Certified Facility!
4. Extend Joint Care Glucosamine and MSM
The main reasons why many pet parents love Extend Joint Care Natural glucosamine Luxating patella dog supplements are:
One: Apart from glucosamine and MSM, Extend Joint Care contains type-II chicken collagen which maintains healthy cartilage.
Two: It supports healthy joint lubrication which prevents pain and discomfort and increases the range of motion.
It is an ideal supplement for maintaining overall joint health in your pet – which means it can prevent joint-related problems like hip/elbow dysplasia, and luxating patella in susceptible dogs.
Three: Even picky dogs love its beef flavor.
What we like about it
- Provided pain relief in hundreds of dogs with arthritis, hip/elbow dysplasia, and luxating patella
- Easy to feed- make into a beef flavored gravy with water.
What we don’t like
- Unclear dosing instructions.
- Our proprietary formula is specifically designed to soothe the effects of joint damage, support joint and cartilage, help retain flexibility, and improve mobility
- DELICIOUS BEEF FLAVOR - Is your dog a picky eater? Don’t worry! This nutritious formula has a savory beef flavor that every dog loves. TIP: Add water to make a delicious gravy!
- GET IT WITH CONFIDENCE - For Extend Pet Health, making you and your dog happy is our #1 priority. That’s why we offer a 100% money-back satisfaction guarantee! If you or your pet are not completely satisfied with the results, we will refund your purchase, no questions asked
- CONTENTS: GLUCOSAMINE, METHYLSULFONYLMETHANE (MSM,TYPE II CHICKEN COLLAGEN, ASCORBIC ACID
5. Coco & Luna All Natural Hip & Joint Support Pain Relief MSM Supplement
Just 2 tablets a day of Coco & Luna supplement will give your suffering pet all the relief it needs. This excellent supplement can provide much needed relief from arthritis, inflammatory joint conditions like hip/elbow dysplasia, and luxating patella.
The main ingredients in this premium joint supplement are: chondroitin, MSM, glucosamine.
It is free from harmful additives like wheat gluten, soy, eggs, or other allergens. This makes it safe for dogs with sensitivities.
Coco & Luna hip and joint support can improve joint lubrication, mobility, and reduce pain associated with all kinds of joint problems.
What we like about it
- Complete supplement for tissue health, cartilage health, and joint aches
- Contains manganese for maintenance of joint health and cartilage in bones
- Advanced strength formula for pain relief
- Free from allergens
What we don’t like
- Not to tasty. Some pet parents had to crush it to mix it with food. The hard tablets are difficult to crush.
- Joint Supplement for Dogs - Coco and Luna Hip and Joint supplement for dogs promotes joint health and joint lubrication while also diminishing arthritis pain through its anti-inflammatory effect.
- Powerful Formula - Our dog joint supplements contain Chondroitin which facilitates the absorption of nutrients which promotes cartilage synthesis, while also being an antioxidant and cell rejuvenator.
- For Dogs of All Ages - We make our tablets with glucosamine that is perfect for dogs of all ages by helping preserve the integrity of joints and averting deterioration of bone and cartilage.
- A Brand You Can Trust - We understand how much your pet’s health and wellbeing mean to you, so our joint supplements for dogs are manufactured in FDA-registered facilities that are NSF and GMP-certified in the USA.
- Made in the USA from US and Globally Sourced Ingredients - All our products are made in the USA and are veterinarian approved as well as hypoallergenic. Our supplement may help with arthritis pain relief for dogs and may help with overall joint care for dogs.
What is luxating patella in dogs?
Luxating patella in dogs causes the knee bone or the knee cap to pop out of its joint. It is the commonest cause of rear leg lameness in dogs and can affect one or both hind legs.
Some dogs might not show symptoms for days despite having it, while others might hop on their stronger rear leg to relieve the pain on the affected joint.
Patellar luxation is mostly seen in smaller dog breeds although it could impact some large breeds too. It is usually a congenital condition which means that it is passed on from the parents to the offspring.
Female dogs are also known to suffer nearly 1.5 times more with this condition as compared to male dogs.
Also Read: Should You Walk Your Dog With Luxating Patella?
What are the signs of luxating patella in dogs?
Luxating patella can come on suddenly
The condition causes the knee bone to move out of its socket only to brush against the side of the knee. To relieve the pain, your pet might straighten its leg and then hop for a while before walking normally.
What your pet is attempting to do when it straightens its leg is to try and put the patella back into the normal position. This movement of the patella back and forth causes intermittent lameness.
This is what you might observe in the early stages of luxating patella in your pet: intermittent lameness.
The pattern in which the bone moves out can also vary: sometimes it might move to the outside of your dog’s knee, sometimes medially (which affects 75% of dogs), and sometimes inside or outside the knee joint.
Some dogs have luxated patella 100% of the time while for others, it might pop in and out of the joint.
Hop and Walk Gait
In very severe cases, your vet might ask you to restrict your pet’s movements. Dogs with milder cases tend to do well although they will have the hop and walk gait.
However, over time, the condition tends to worsen as arthritis develops.
This is where the best Luxating patella dog supplements can help by preventing further cartilage damage and providing anti-inflammatory action with pain relief.
How to prevent luxating patella in dogs?
1. Genetic and breed-related issue
Unfortunately, there are not many things you can do to prevent patellar luxation. It is a genetic issue and certain dog breeds are more susceptible to developing it.
These include smaller breeds like Chihuahuas, Pomeranians, Boston terrier, Yorkshire terriers, etc.
If you buy your pet from a responsible breeder, then you know they will screen it for this issue.
Good breeders also refrain from breeding dogs having the condition.
Buying from a responsible breeder is one way of ensuring that your pet does not suffer from this disease.
While this may not guarantee 100% that your pet won’t get it, it will definitely reduce its chances.
2. Catch it early on
Remember: Most dogs might not show you the pain they are in.
If you notice your pet walking slower than normal or limping, then have your vet examine it.
These days, there are many good painkillers and Luxating patella dog supplements which can improve your pet’s quality of life.
The supplements listed above all contain important ingredients (which we have discussed in detail below) to improve your pet’s range of motion, stop pain and discomfort, and also enhance its mobility.
Not acting early on when your dog shows symptoms lead to severe joint diseases such as torn ACL. Torn ACL surgery can be very expensive and if the damage is too severe, your dog will not survive. What this best dog supplement for luxating patella does is treat your dog’s joint pain while preventing further damage.
Also Read: How to Prevent Slime in Pet Water Fountain
How to select the best luxating patella dog supplements?
High quality Luxating patella dog supplements should ideally contain the following ingredients:
1. MSM or methylsulfonylmethane
MSM is a natural form of sulfur or biologically active form of sulfur. It improves joint mobility and reduces inflammation.
MSM is known to have improved mobility and reduced pain in thousands of dogs with arthritis. It takes about 6 to 8 weeks of dosing with high-quality MSM supplement to see results.
Chondroitin is present in Luxating patella dog supplements in the form of chondroitin sulfate. It is a cartilage protectant.
This means that its anti-inflammatory action prevents further wear and tear of cartilage.
Chondroitin also provides a shock absorbing action to prevent pain and discomfort in your suffering pet.
Glucosamine is naturally produced by your dog’s body but its production diminishes with age.
By providing glucosamine supplement you can help repair your pet’s damaged cartilage by augmenting its natural glucosamine reserves.
There is also evidence that glucosamine can reduce pain and discomfort in pets having joint issues like osteoarthritis, luxating patella, and hip and elbow dysplasia and possibly even slow down their progression.
High quality Luxating patella dog supplements could also contain the following ingredients and herbs:
Turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory agent. It can prevent pain and discomfort and slow down the progression of cartilage wear-and-tear. Apart from boosting joint health, it also has an antibacterial, antiseptic, and antifungal effect.
This is a strong anti-inflammatory herb that also has an anti-arthritic action. In addition to benefitting joint health, it can reduce flatulence in pets and also produce less ammonia in their urine and feces.
This ingredient is naturally produced by your dog’s body but it gets depleted with age. It is a strong antioxidant and has anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic effect.
Omega essential fatty acids
Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids are very important for your pet’s joint health. Studies have shown that omega 3 improved joint function in nearly 80% of the dogs studied.
As with everything that affects your dog’s health, always speak to your vet before supplementing its diet with Luxating patella dog supplements.
The best Luxating patella dog supplements contain glucosamine, chondroitin, and MSM. These ingredients are vital for your pet’s worn-out joints and can ease pain and discomfort while improving their range of motion, activity, and energy levels.
The best dog supplement for luxating patella such as glucosamine, MSM and chondroitin are very effective to cure, protect, and aid with the physical therapy of your dog’s luxating patella. Surgical correction cost is too high and other treatments can be very stressful to your pet so if you take notice of early signs of joint diseases, you need to act on it.
There are many luxating patella supplements that you can find in the market, but not all of them can provide an immediate cure. The best joint supplements for dog with luxating patella can deliver good results in their patellar ligament, keep a healthy cranial cruciate ligament, and prevent medial patellar luxation to your beloved dogs.
When your dog has a dislocated kneecap, it may need to undergo a patella surgery. For sure you don’t want to see your dog in pain! If you are reading this and you are seeing symptoms of patella luxation in your dog, then don’t think twice and give them luxating patella supplements now.
We recommend the Doggies Dailies Glucosamine Supplement as they have helped hundreds of thousands of pets improve their quality of life after being diagnosed with joint-related issues.
Also check out our other product recommendations as well.