The best flying toys for cats can help you build a great relationship with your pet and also keep her out of trouble.
They help stimulate your fur-baby mentally and physically which, in turn, can prevent obesity, unwanted behavior, and depression in cats.
Confused with the sheer variety available in flying cat toys? We are here to help! Check out our five picks in this feline toy category, all based on what customers are saying about them!
Just in case you are in a hurry, click on our short summary below to view our Top 5 reviewed products for the best flying toys for cats:
- MUKIKIM eBird Blue Pigeon
- HANVON Go Go Bird Flying Toy
- Cat Fetch Toy with 5 Colored Flying Propellers
- No products found.
- Spinning Butterfly Cat Toy
Best Flying Toys for Cats: 2022 Top 5 Picks
1. Our Editor’s Choice: eBird Blue Pigeon - Flying RC Bird Toy for Kids. Indoor / Outdoor Remote Control Bionic Flapping Wings Bird Helicopter. USB Recharging.…
MUKIKIM is a top-rated flying bird toy for cats!
Its wings flap like a real bird’s and even emulate the flapping wings sound – which helps attract your cat to it.
This remote control bird cat toy can be easily charged using a USB charger. You can charge the 80 mAH batteries within 20 minutes to enjoy a flying time of up to 8-10 minutes.
The toy’s remote-control range is very high – you can control the bird from nearly 90 feet away.
MUKIKIM bird is also made with durable, light-weight EPP materials which are safe and eco-friendly.
The flying bird cat toy is wonderful to use at night or in the dark due to its bright fluorescent colors. You also get a choice of four unique and attractive colors which your pet is sure to love.
- Easy and quick to charge
- Great range of remote control
- Takes a bit of learning, practice, and patience to control the bird.
- Needs adult supervision
- x2 Channel RC Bird featuring USB charging, 2.4 GHZ Remote Control allows flight up to 90ft away!
- Real Bionic Flapping Wings lets you control it up/down and left/right. It looks like a real bird in flight!
- 2016 Creative Child Magazine Preferred Choice Award Winner - RC Category
- Durable, made of new EPP Materials for indoor and outdoor flying
- Available in 4 Unique Colors and Styles: Green Parrot, Blue Pigeon, Orange Phoenix, and Pink butterfly!
2. HANVON Go Go Bird Flying Toy,Mini RC Flying Bird Helicopters,Bionic Flying Bird,Mini Drone-Tech Toy,Remote Control Flying Toys,Easy Indoor Outdoor Small Flying Toys for Kids, Boys and Girls, Yellow
The HANVON Go-Go bird is attractive and brightly colored so you and your pet are sure to enjoy hours of delightful bonding time playing with it. Its LED light feature makes it incredibly fun to fly in the dark.
This RC toy comes with sophisticated autonomous obstacle avoidance technology, bionics, AI, and precision machinery technology.
In layman’s terms, your bird won’t keep banging into furniture or trees providing uninterrupted play time for your cat.
In fact, the super-cool feature is that it turns around and reverses direction when it encounters any object!
Unlike other RC toys, HANVON Go-Go remote control bird cat toy is very easy to control and comes with a flying range of about 100-feet.
You can easily take it left right, U-turn, circular, or up and down. Its 6-axis sensors and streamlined body make this a magical flying bird cat toy.
Streamlined body, sturdy and eco-friendly ABS plastic body, lightweight, and bouncy material design keep this bird toy for cats virtually indestructible.
Rechargeable lithium battery takes 15 minutes to charge with a flight time of about 10 minutes.
What we like about it
- Easy to control with single-click commands
- Adjustable flight speed
- Sturdy and durable
- Superior obstacle avoidance technology
What we don’t like about it
- Replacement parts not available readily.
- Go Go Bird Flying Toy with 7 Colors LED light: Flapping wings let it look like a real bird in flight! You just need to throw the bird out gently, it can start to be flying immediately. The most surprising feature is that it can be flying in the opposite direction when the obstacle are close to it. You can also use the remote control to control its direction. Bright 7 colors changed LED light boosts fun of flying at night.
- Magical Flying Performance : Go Go Bird can satisfy your cool flying needs. Integrating bionics, AI, aerodynamics and precision machinery technology, with 2.4 GHz wireless remote control, Go Go Bird can offer you amazing remote-control auto flying experience, Flying up to 100Ft away, Altitude hold, circle mode, U-turn…all under your remote control.
- 6-Axis Sensor: With six-axis sensor inside, Go Go Bird is capable of autonomous obstacle recognition. Go Go Bird will turn around automatically 6 ft away from the wall. Go Go Bird flying toy can do smart taking-off by hand lifting up-and-down. automatic emergency stop in sudden crash or landing situation.
- Lightweight and Product Streamlined Design for Play: The flying bird is made of high grade ABS material which is lightweight, flexible. The bouncy material design can not damage when it falls. with a sense of science and technology, more vivid and fashion.Small size and lightweight design, makes it portable everywhere.
- Great Xmas Gift for Kids: Go Go Bird flying toy has the rechargeable Lithium battery that only needs 20 minutes to charge fully. Kids can "Play" their bird up, down, around, through hula hoops and more. it is a ideal birthday or holiday present for kids, and he/she is able to quickly grasp how to control it and move it in all directions. Perfect for outside fun ! Play Go Go Bird with your family!
3. GB4 Cat Fetch Toy - Cat Tracks Cat Toy - Fun Levels of Interactive Play -Cat Toys with 5 Colors Flying Propellers Satisfies Kitty's Hunting, Chasing & Exercising Needs (1PC)
Wish your cat would get more active? Then the answer could be these GB4 Fetch Toys with Colorful Flying Propellers.
Your kitty will have an awesome time swatting, chasing, fetching, and pawing at these colorful objects!
GB4 track toys or flying cat toys are completely safe and you don’t have to worry about hazardous materials or small parts to choke on.
The toys encourage kitty to use her natural hunting and chasing instincts. It is sure to keep your pet mentally and physically stimulated.
GB4 flying cat toys consist of one launching gun with 5 propellers in bright colors. The propellers are aerodynamic and lightweight, so they can easily fly all over.
This lightweight toy can be used indoors and outdoors and you won’t have to worry about the propellers harming your furniture.
What we like about it
- Easy and intuitive to use
- Durable, safe, high-quality materials
- No batteries to charge
- Great for gifting to a cat-lover
What we don’t like about it
- Some cats were scared by it.
- 【Interactive Cat Toy】- This interactive cat fetch toys will help your cats to jump, pounce, chase. Great way to get your cats energy out and do more exercise, keep your cat fit and happy! Perfect for Chasing, Swatting, Batting, and Interactive Play.
- 【Random Color】- Different colors flying propellers will attract cats effectively and the fetch toy are lightweight. They can help the cats consume vigor and do physical exercise.Encourage Your Cat's Natural Hunting and Playful Instincts.
- 【Cat Toys for Indoor Cats】- This cat toys can provides hours of exercise & amusement. It keeps your cat busy . Burning off extra energy from your kitties. GB4 cat fetch toys are made of high-quality plastic materials, which are not easy to break or deform, and are safe for cats and dogs! So that your pet can enjoy a longer period of happy play.
- 【How to Play】-1. Attach a propeller and turn it clockwise 1.5-2 circles, please don't rotation the propellers excessively, otherwise it will affect the service life of the launcher. 2. Pull the trigger and you and your cat enjoy playing with this cat fetch toy! 3.Supervise pets during play to avoid ingestion of small parts, replace broken toys timely for the safety of your pets.
- 【The Best Gift for Cats】For kittens and cats of all ages and sizes! The great cat fetch toy to spend some quality time with your feline friend! In the process of playing, you and your pet will become more intimate.This cat toy is the best gift for you and your pet. It can also be given as a gift to friends who have pets.
4. No products found.No products found.
SNAPTAIN H823H MINI-DRONE is a safe, attractive, flying cat toy that will keep your pet energetic, active, and engaged.
It features a propeller protection technology that prevents the mini drone from crashing into obstacles.
Its LED lights make it fun for kids and pets to play indoors and outdoors, day or night.
The remote-control toy has a single-key option which returns the drone home no matter how far it flies. So, there is no worry about it getting lost.
SNAPTAIN mini-drone also has 3 modes of operation for beginners to advanced users. This also varies the speed so you can use lower speed for indoor play.
The drone’s 3D flip and 360-degree rotation are especially fun for cats and kittens and will definitely stimulate your pet mentally and physically.
An hour of charging yields about 6-10 minutes of play time.
What we liked about it
- Great for kids and beginners
- Easy to control
- Powerful remote-control action with single-button operations
What we don’t like about it
- Limited flight time
- No instructions provided
No products found.
5. Pet Zone Fly By Spinner Butterfly Cat Toy,Lifelike Flying Movement & Realistic Fluttering Sound (Interactive Cat Toys,Kitten Toys, Cat Toys for Indoor Cats)[Great Alternative to Pop and Play Cat Toy]
Pet Zone Fly By Spinner interactive flying cat toy has realistic and natural sounds as well as unpredictable movements which will surprise your pet and keep it busy, engaged, and happy.
It replicates the fluttering sound made by the wings of a real butterfly which is sure to capture your pet’s attention.
Pet Zone Fly By Spinner best flying toys for cats encourages natural instinct of stalking, lunging, jumping, pawing, and hunting – all within the safety of your home.
If your cat is in need for mental stimulation or a little extra exercise, then this is the toy to bring home!
Pet Zone Fly By Spinner has anti-skid feet which keeps the toy firm on the floor. Its easy operation is intuitive and all it needs is AAA batteries to keep it powered.
What we like about it
- Irresistible, realistic sound
- Unpredictable, life-like movements
- Non-skid feet
- Easy On/Off switch
- Engages cats in healthy physical, mental stimulation and keeps boredom/anxiety away
What we don’t like about it
- Replacement butterfly is expensive.
- INTERACTIVE CAT TOY: The Fly By Cat Toy brings the wild inside with flying action that replicates the movement and fluttering of a real butterfly.
- MENTAL & PHYSICAL STIMULATION: When you flip the switch and turn the cat toy on, your cat will experience stimulating and interactive play providing healthy mental and physical stimulation.
- ENCOURAGES ACTIVITY & PLAY: Lifelike, unpredictable flying movement with realistic fluttering sound encourages cat’s natural instincts to hunt and prey.
- RELIEVES ANXIETY, STRESS & BOREDOM: Cats sleep most of the day, when awake they need to play. Play helps with the relief of anxiety, stress and boredom. When cats don’t have toys to play with, this is when they supplement their playful instincts with destructive ones,
- EASE OF OPERATION: Exciting easy to use battery operated cat toy. Requires one AAA battery, not included.
Benefits of Using Interactive Flying Toys for Cats
There are several benefits of using the best flying toys for cats:
1. Keeps indoor cats active
If you want your cat to get a little more active than s/he normally is, then interactive flying toys are a great way to do so.
Toys with flying unpredictable movements encourage cats to move, jump, lunge, paw, and chase them.
It can also satisfy their natural hunting and stealth instincts – which is a great way to prevent unwanted weight gain in indoor cats.
2. Provides much needed mental stimulation
Cats need mental stimulation to avoid issues like anxiety, depression, loneliness, etc.
With interactive remote control bird for cats your pets can get all the mental stimulation they need.
Movement encourages the release of endorphins which can aid cognition in younger pets and reduce stress in older ones.
3. Encourages human-Cat bonding
A high-quality flying bird toy for cats can provide hours of entertaining fun to pets as well as their humans.
It is fun watching kitty go absolutely crazy over a moving bird toy or disc. Laughing and petting a cat while playing with these toys can provide valuable human-feline bonding time.
You can also get your kids involved in the exercise.
The best rated flying cat toys can be also taken outdoors to encourage children and pets to enjoy the natural fresh air. Even if they choose to play indoors with these toys, it can keep boredom at bay on rainy or snowy days.
4. Prevents unwanted feline behavior
A bored cat is a destructive one.
Cats that aren’t provided adequate mental and physical stimulation are more likely to display the following unwanted behaviors:
- Litter box issues
- Scratching furniture
- Too-much night-time activity
- Play-time biting
Many of these issues can be prevented by encouraging cat to get active and moving with the help of the best flying toys for cats or motion activated cat toys.
Types of Flying Cat Toys
Flying cat toys can be classified as follows:
Electronic or remote-controlled flying cat toys are radio/remote controlled. They run on batteries or are USB chargeable and have a higher altitude of flying.
These toys can be used indoors and outdoors.
RC cat toys come in a variety of shapes and with technologically advanced features like obstacle avoidance to prevent bumping or crashing into furniture or trees.
You can also select toys with AI, bionic, and other technologically advanced features. Many come with sounds, LED lights, and other bells and whistles to keep cats engaged.
Manual or spring-loaded flying bird toy for cats do not need batteries.
You manually set the bird on a launcher and the spring propels the toy into the air.
The advantage of a manual flying cat toy is that there is no hassle of charging batteries. While they may not have the advanced technologically or aesthetic appeal that RC toys have; they can still provide hours of fun to your pets.
How to Select the Best Flying Toys for Cats
Here are the features to consider when selecting RC or manual bird toy for cats
Avoid toys with small parts that could lead to choking hazards. The toys should not have sharp or pointed parts that could injure pets or kids.
B) Charging and operational times
With remote control bird for cats, most toys provide only 5-10 minutes of flying time per charge. Select a toy with batteries that charge quickly and provide longer play times.
C) Ease of control
Look for a flying bird toy for cats that has single-button operation or at least easy-to-control movements like left, right, up, down, U-turn, etc. In case of remote-control toys, select one that has a substantial range so you can control the toy from several feet away. The controls should be easy, intuitive, smooth, and quick-to-grasp.
RC toys tend to fly into furniture and break easily. Look for lightweight toys that are durable and made with sturdy, long-lasting materials and parts. If you have the budget, go in for toys that come with obstacle-avoidance technology to keep them from bumping into stuff.
FAQs on Flying Toys for Cats
1. My cat refuses to play with flying toys I have bought for her. How can I encourage her to play with them?
Cats can be very stubborn when it comes to certain choices. If kitty decides she does not like something, there isn’t much you can do about it.
You could try bringing the toy out and playing with her for a few minutes each day. You can also encourage your children to join in.
Do not force your pet to play. Let her sniff and paw the toy.
Perhaps the toy scared her in the beginning, but once she realizes that it is safe, she might start enjoying it.
2. Why is my cat scared of the new flying cat toy?
In most cases, this is unusual, since most cats love moving and flying objects as they encourage and hone their natural hunting instincts.
Perhaps the toy was used threateningly or in an incorrect manner.
Perhaps a child scared the cat with it while you weren’t supervising.
The toy could also have parts that may have injured her accidentally.
Loud noises and flashy lights can also scare away younger kittens.
3. Should I let my cat catch the flying toys?
Yes, absolutely. Your cat needs to have the satisfaction of ‘catching its prey’.
This will encourage her to use the toy more and also make each playing session more fun.
If you prevent her from catching it, she might get bored over time and lose interest in the toy.
The best flying toys for cats provide your kitty with proper stimulation. They also encourage your pet to get moving and acquire much-needed exercise. It is also fun for humans to watch their pet chase, jump, lunge, and paw at the toys.
We recommend the MUKIKIM bird toy for cats as it is durable, quick-to-charge, and provides almost 20-minutes of play-time per charge. Do check out our other recommendations as well.