Why are so many cat parents investing in a high-quality cat tower for large cats?
A cat tower or cat condo is the perfect place for indoor cats to perch, nap, scratch, and play.
But only a well-made cat tower specially designed for large cats can provide much-needed physical and mental stimulation with complete safety for a large or big cat.
There are hundreds of cat towers for large cats available in the market but only the ones in the right size and sturdy and durable material can benefit larger cats.
After all, there is no point in having a small, unstable cat tower which would wobble and shake, posing a safety risk to your beloved pet.
So, in this guide, we will recommend 5 top cat towers for large cats and also give you some tips how to select a cat condo for large cats with the right size and material.
Just in case you are in a hurry, click on our short summary below to view our Top 5 reviewed products for the cat tower for large cats:
- BestPet Large Cat Tower And Condo
- Amazon Basics Extra Large Cat Tree Tower With Platform
- FEANDREA 67 Inches Multi-Level Cozy Cat Tower For Large Cats
- YAHEETECH Large Cat Tree Tower With Hammock
- Tangkula Large Cat Tree Tower And Condo With Tunnels And Stairs
Best Cat Trees for Large Cats: 2022 Top Picks
1. Our Editor’s Pick: BestPet Large Cat Tower and Condo
BestPet giant cat tower can provide hours of fun to multiple large cats.
Thousands of pet parents have bought this cattree for their large cats and been extremely happy with their choice.
The main reason for this is the stability of the tower – BestPet is aware that cats can get frisky while playing so they have purposely kept the base of their tower very large for that extra stability.
This tower also uses compressed and glued cardboard with high-density supporting tubes which ensure that the structure won’t wobble, shake, or fall.
So, you can rest assured that this extra large cat tree is extremely safe for multiple large cats.
Moreover, the cat tree is covered with a plush material that is extremely comfortable for feline paws and skin and your cats will love napping in its many nooks and corners.
If you have several cats, you will be glad you bought this well-thought of cat tower for big cats owing to its multiple levels and perching areas.
What we like about it
- Extremely stable
- Easy to install
- Supports several big cats
- Has a cat ladder for pets to slide up and down
- Consists of several cat-friendly dangling toys to mentally and physically stimulate your pets
- Roomy, spacious, and very cozy for adult cats and kittens
- Comes with thicker supporting tubes compared to other cat towers for large cats
What we don’t like about it
- Has a nasty smell that lasts for days
- ✔【PROTECT YOUR BELOVED FURNITURE FREOM DAMAGE】Does your cat scratch around and damage your furniture? Are you still upset about this? Our cat tree is your best choice！Let you have no these troubles any more with our cat tower! In addition, it adds a lot of fun for your cats with our cat condo.cat tree cat tower cat condo
- ✔【STABILITY IS ALWAYS PRIORITY】Your cat gets quite frisky on our cat tree. The cat condo stays put with no sign of tipping. Despite it's solid construction, our kitty tree is still light weight enough to move around easily.cat tree cat condo kitty tree
- ✔【FELINE-FRIENDLY SOFTNESS】Ultra-soft plush of our cat condo gives optimal smooth touch that your kitten can never get enough of. Top perch of our cat tree at the bottom and rim makes a perfect napping lounge. Our kitty tree will bring a more restful sleep! cat tree with scratching post cat tower kitty tree
- ✔【CATS WILL LOVE IT】Great cat tree for scratching, climbing, sleeping, and exercising; The cat tower design recommend to place near the window or in the corner, cats love looking out the windows. Your feline friends need a cozy home of their own to play, take a nap or jump around; this cat condo is sure to be their dream-come-true.cat tower cat condo cat tree with scratching post
- ✔【EASY TO INSTALL】Our cat tree can be installed easily in 30 minutes! Don't worry about assembly of our cat condo! If you have any questions for our cat tower, please feel free to contact us! cat tree cat condo cat tower
2. Amazon Basics extra Large Cat Tree Tower with Platform
This X-large size cat tree for large cats comes with multiple platforms and tiered perches for several cats.
Each perching area is also large enough to comfortably accommodate big cats.
An added advantage of the tree is its extra durable jute material that is safe for cats’ nails and skin.
It is also sturdy, difficult to rip apart, and won’t pose a choking hazard.
What we love about it
- Durable, long-lasting construction
- Neutral color suitable for most décors
- Natural jute fiber
- Large, sturdy base
- Has 2 comfortable perching beds that measure 15” and 14” to easily accommodate big cats
What we don’t like about it
- Known to cause itching and sneezing in some cats
- Multi-platform indoor cat tree and climbing activity tower for cat playtime, scratching, and snoozing
- Includes a sturdy cat tower made of chipboard with plush beige carpeting, plus tools and instructions for easy assembly
- 5 scratching posts wrapped in jute rope create enticing scratching surfaces
- Round top platform with raised sides and curved rim doubles as a cat bed
- Hiding cave with 2 exits can help kitty feel safe, plus offers optimal viewing angles
3. FEANDREA 67 inches Multi-Level Cozy Cat Tower for Large Cats
Looking for a luxurious large cat tower to engage multiple big cats?
FEANDREA is a 2-room cat condo that also has three luxurious napping perches specially made with big cats in mind.
Each roomy condo and perch can easily accommodate a large sized cat.
The reason behind the stability of this sturdy cat condo is the use of CARB-certified natural particle boards that are additionally stabilized using battens at the bottom and anti-toppling fittings for extra stability.
FEANDREA cat tower for big cats also has sisal rope posts to satisfy big cats’ natural scratching instincts.
Thanks to the P2-grade particle board construction, the cat tower is extremely sturdy and ensures stability to support your pets jumping around.
FEANDREA cat tree for big cats can easily support multiple large cats owing to compressed and glued robust cardboard tubes so there is no wobbling or shaking.
FEANDREA continuously improve their products taking customer feedback into account; so you can expect professional-grade innovation in all of their products.
What we love about it
- Very stable
- Sturdy, durable, robust, and ergonomically designed cat tree supports multiple large cats
- Easy to assemble
What we don’t like about it
- Some cats refused to go near it
- Exclusive Luxury for Cats: Your feline friends need a cozy home of their own to play, take a nap or jump around; this cat house is sure to be their dream-come-true
- All-in-One Playground: 2 roomy condos offer luxurious napping experience; 3 plush perches with raised edges allow your cat to rest on its head while watching over the house; sisal-covered slope adds so much more fun for playtime
- Stability Is Always Priority: Constructed by particleboard and strengthened with battens at the bottom to ensure overall stability; anti-toppling fittings are included for double security
- Sisal-Covered Scratching Posts: Reinforced posts (dia. 3.4") are wrapped with natural sisal rope to allow nail scratching and promote exercising; this cat tree is the perfect spot for your cats to jump around
- What You Get: A large cat tower with 3 top perches, 2 caves, 1 scratching board, thick scratching posts, and a multi-level design for both small kittens and cat seniors to have fun
4. YAHEETECH Large Cat Tree Tower With Hammock
If you are looking for an extra large cat tree with hammock, YAHEETECH cat tree and kitten condo is the one to select.
The reason why it is suitable for large cats is that the base of the condo is reinforced with anti-slipping fittings and can also be anchored to the wall to ensure that it does not wobble or shake.
YAHEETECH cat condo comes with a wider square base of 19.3” which easilly supports the towering structure.
This easy-to-assemble cat tree also looks good and can suit any décor. It is amusing and relaxing for cats and kittens thanks to its multiple comfortable perches that are made with plush material.
The scratching posts are covered with sisal ropes to keep your pets’ nails trim.
The cat condo for large cats also features a cozy hammock for a big cat to comfortably nap on.
What we love about this tree
- Constructed with E1-compliant particle board, skin-friendly plush materials, and natural sisal rope
- Can be safely anchored to the wall with the strap provided
- Has replaceable fur balls to provide hours of entertainment and fun for indoor cats
- Comes with condo, ladder, hammock, and multiple perches for several big cats
- Very stable, sturdy, and easy to assemble
What we don’t like about it
- Cats nails tend to get stuck in the plush covering, toys, and even the hammock
- Protective Material for your Beloved Friends: The cat trees and towers are composed of good quality particle board with 400g skin-friendly plush covering，which is very soft and comfortable.Multiple scratching posts are covered by natural sisal ropes which is perfect for your cats to scratch, climb, play and become active, no scratching your furniture anymore.
- Stability is always Priority: The bottom base is reinforced that ensure its stability of the whole cat tree.It also comes with a wall anchor strap to attach it to the wall for extra stability.
- Removable Interactive Ball: The cat condo hangs a ball for more excitement,and you can remove it or replace it with your own toys. overall size: 19.3 x 19.3 x 51"(LxWxH) This cat tree is for small and medium cats, if your cat is too big, pls don't purchase!
- Amusing and Relaxing: The cat towers and condos provide with a perch with raised edge, warm condo and hammock for comfy napping; a playful tunnel for adventurous kittens;sisal covered scratching posts encourage positive scratching behavior and more importantly, free your furniture from sharp little claws. We recommend this activity tree for Small and Medium sized cats rather than Large cats.
- Easy to Assemble and Nice Looking: Its attractive look be compatible with any room décor as a piece of nice pet furniture. All the hardware and tools are included. If you have any questions about our cat tower, please feel free to contact us!
5. Tangkula Large Cat Tree Tower and condo with tunnels and Stairs
Tangkula giant cat tower is the largest cat tower for large cats having a height of almost 102.5”.
It is made using 12 mm P2-grade particle boards having a high-density. This ensures stability, safety, and comfort for multiple larger cats.
You will love the Tangkula cat towers for large cats because of its multi-level, spacious play areas, condos, and perches.
If you own multiple large cats, then this is the cat condo for you!
What we love about it
- Exclusive space for multiple, large-sized cats
- Sturdy, durable structure with wide base and a height of nearly 102 inches
- Safe scratching surfaces
- Easy to assemble
- Large and wide perching areas, roomy condos, and wider play areas that can accommodate several big cats
What we don’t like about it
- No instructions regarding assembly
- Customer-service needs improvement
- 🐾【Exclusive Space for Cats】This cat tree is a exclusive space of your cats, as you know, cat's sharp claws will scratch the furniture and drapes, so they need this cozy home of their own to have fun, take a nap or jump around, this cat tree allows them have the perfect place to play.
- 🐱【Sturdy & Durable Structure】This furniture for cats to play and rest is made of 12MM P2-grade particle boards, featuring high density construction and superior durability, ensures your cats' safety while jumping around. And the two connective bottom bases are large and sturdy to ensure overall stability.
- 🐾【Comfortable & Scratch-resistant Surface】The cat tree is coated with plush faux fur and hemp rope, it's extremely comfortable and skin-friendly, and the wear-resisting material also meet cats' need of sharpen their claws.
- 🐱【Large-space Relaxing Spot】This cat tree's size is 71''x18''x102.5'', it's a large space with multi-level playground. Roomy condo and large hammock offer luxurious napping experience, the round pipe and hanging rope are very fun for cats to play, this large place can accommodate many cats to play at the same time.
- 🐾【Easy to Assemble & Clean】 The cat tree can be assembled in minutes with the included instructions. And it's easy to clean by spot-washing with a damp cloth and vacuuming it when needed.
Characteristic Features of a Cat Tower for Large Cats
What sets a cat condo for big cats apart? Here are some distinguishing features between regular-sized cat towers and towers specially designed for big cats.
1) Wider, more stable base
Cats, large or small, can get frisky while playing on their cat tree.
A cat tree for large cats can easily withstand and support this playful behaviour thanks to a wider base that firmly anchors the structure to the ground.
So, pet parents need not worry about their cat tower falling, shaking, or wobbling and endangering their beloved pets.
2) Sturdy, glued-in particle boards
A high quality cat tower for large cats is typically constructed with P2-grade durable, and high-density particle boards that are glued together.
This ensures stability and keeps the upper levels of the cat tree safe, firm, and wobble-free.
3) Anti-slip fittings or special straps to anchor to the wall
If you have multiple, playful, large cats, then it is a given that they will get frisky on their cat tree.
The best cat trees for large cats can be firmly strapped to the wall to prevent the structure from falling over or may be equipped with anti-slip fittings that weigh it down firmly.
4) Durable scratch-resistant material
Cats love scratching as it is a natural instinct.
A high-quality cat condo for large cats is covered with plush, skin-friendly material that won’t easily tear or rip apart.
Otherwise, the shredded bits can choke younger cats and could cause allergies.
How to Choose the Best Cat Tower for Big Cats
Look for the following features when selecting the best cat tree for large cats:
A) Wide base
A large cat condo with a wide square or rectangular base can easily support a tall cat tower with ease.
The base dimensions depend upon the height of the tower. So, if your cat tower for big cats measures over 100”inches in height, then ensure that it either has a rectangular base of 25”x18” inches or a square one of 19”x19” inches.
This way; there will be lower risk of shaking, wobbling, or collapsing when you pets get frisky.
B) Sturdy construction and superior durability
When you select a giant cat tower made using P2-grade particle boards, then you can rest assured that the tree will be more stable and durable.
P2-grade boards have a very high density so they can easily withstand heavy-duty scratching inflicted by large cats having big claws.
The best cat tree for large cats should also be covered with comfortable, skin-friendly material.
The covering should not be easy to be ripped into pieces.
It should also be hypoallergenic and not cause sneezing, itching, or irritation in pets.
D) Appropriate for your room
An extra large cat tree is definitely fun for your big cats but it should also fit in your home with ease.
Take into account the room’s dimension where you intend to place the tree.
Remember: cats love spending time with their humans, so if you plan to keep the cat tree in your living room, make sure that it does not obstruct movement and also fits in with the room’s décor.
FAQs on Cat Tower for Large Cats
1) How do you keep a cat from tipping over your tree?
You can choose a cat tree with a strap that can anchor the tree to the wall.
Alternatively, make use of long screws and nails to secure the tree to the floor.
Some people also weigh the cat tree down using bricks and large stones.
It is important to select a cat tree that is especially designed with large cats in mind.
This way; there is lesser risk of it tipping over.
2) How big a cat tower should I get?
The dimensions of your cat tree for a large cat entire depend upon the number of cats you have, their weights, the dimensions of the room where you will keep the tree, and also your budget.
Select a tree at least 50” tall with adequate number of condos and perches for each cat.
Make sure that the tree has a wide base of at least 18 to 19 inches (depending on the tower’s height) so it can firmly anchor the tree and keep it steady.
3) Why won’t my cat use its cat tower?
There are many factors why a cat won’t use its cat tower or cat tree.
The tree may be wobbling or shaking which can scare a cat.
Alternatively, your cat’s nails may be getting caught in its material.
The tree might even have some strong odor which can be off-putting to cats.
A cat that has fallen off a tall cat tower may be permanently scared about using the tree.
You can try luring your cat to its tree by placing treats, toys, and catnip which most cats love.
You can easily find the best cat tower for large cats and there is plenty of choice available these days.
We recommend the BestPet Large Cat Tower And Condowhich is stable, sturdy, and durable and can easily support multiple big cats.
Check out other options in cat towers for large cats to keep your pets active and engaged.